Office of the Governor - HardapRC
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
Governor of Hardap Region
Private Bag 2017 Mariental
Hardap Regional Council
Hendrik Auta !Nanseb Witbooi Building
Tel: +264 - 63 - 240944/947
Fax: +264 - 63 - 241866
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
The Governor of Hardap Region is appointed by the President of the Republic of Namibia under the Regional Governors Appointment Act, 1990 (Act No. 6 of 1990) as amended. The Governor is the political head of the Hardap Region and provides strategic political leadership within the framework of the law. The Office of the Governor plays a central role in ensuring greater involvement of the public.
To be the Namibia's most prosperous and best develop region that provides quality and accessible services to the public.
Functions of the Governor's Office
- To act as the Representative of the Central Government in Hardap Region;
- To investigate and report on any matter relating to the region if the Governor has been requested to investigate that matter by the President or the Minister responsible for Urban and Rural Development;
- To keep himself informed of all matters relating to Hardap Region and to bring any matter to the attention of the President or the relevant Minister if the Governor thinks that it is advisable;
- To settle or mediate any dispute or other matter that might arise in Hardap Region, and
- To act as a link between the Central Government and the Regional Council, or any Local or Traditional Authority in Hardap Region.
Structure of the Governor's Office
- PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE HON. GOVERNOR
- CONTROL ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
- PRIVATE SECRETARY TO THE HON. GOVERNOR
- 2 X DRIVERS
- 2 X INSTITUTIONAL WORKERS